Pangnis, Stathes 裴思達
Physics Dept., National Taiwan Univ.
University of Taxes, Austin
R523, New Physics Building
Current Research Interests
1. Member of the team that discovered the Higgs boson at the LHC.
- Served for 4 years as convenor or co-convenor of two Higgs search groups.
- Studied and contributed to performance improvements of the ATLAS EM calorimeter:
calibration, particle id, Final State Radiation photons.
- Served for 3 years as Physics Analysis Tools co-convenor.
2. Present focus is in the understanding of the origin of mass and the search for
the underlying mechanism of the Electroweak Symmetry Breaking performing
measurements in the CMS experiment at the LHC, CERN.
3. Performs R&D for novel cameras with applications in medical imaging (CryoCAM).
4. Currently initiating an R&D programme in Taiwan on the Phase2 upgrade of CMS.
This involves design studies and future building of novel detectors.
All papers can be found here:
‘Measurements of Higgs boson production and couplings in the four-lepton channel in pp collisions at center-of-mass energies of 7 and 8 TeV with the ATLAS detector’, The ATLAS Collaboration, submitted to Physical Review D (21-8-2014), arXiv:1408.5191.
‘Search for Higgs boson decays to a photon and a Z boson in pp collisions at sqrt(s)=7 and 8 TeV with the ATLAS detector’, ATLAS Collaboration, Phys.Lett. B732 (2014) 7-28.
‘Probing Compositeness with Higgs Boson Decays at the LHC’, Hoffman, Kaminska, Nicolaidou, Paganis, submitted to EPJC (30-7-2014), arXiv:1407.8000
‘Observation of a new particle in the search for the Standard Model Higgs boson with the ATLAS detector at the LHC’, ATLAS Collaboration, Phys.Lett. B716 (2012) 1-29.
‘Photon reconstruction in the ATLAS inner detector and liquid argon barrel calorimeter at the 2004 combined test beam’, E. Abat et. al., JINST 6 (2011) P04001
‘A 2D fit with background measurement constraints to boost the Higgs to 4 leptons discovery potential at the LHC’, C. Anastopoulos, N. Kerschen, S. Paganis, Eur.Phys.J. C71 (2011) 1746.
‘Measurement of the response of the ATLAS liquid argon barrel calorimeter to electrons at the 2004 combined test-beam’, M. Aharrouche et. al, Nucl.Inst.Meth. A614 (2010) 400-432.
‘The Spectrometer system for measuring ZEUS luminosity at HERA’, M. Helbich, Y. Ning, S. Paganis et. al., Nucl.Instrum.Meth. A565 (2006) 572-588.