Gu, Je-An 顧哲安
Associate Research Fellow (October 2011 – present)
Leung Center for Cosmology and Particle Astrophysics (LeCosPA), National Taiwan University (NTU)
Ph.D. in Physics, NTU
B.S. in Physics, NTU
R815, AstroMath Building, NTU
+886 2 3366-8637
* Award for Outstanding Service, 2011, 2012, 2013.
* Award for Distinguished Leader of Working Group, LeCosPA, 2008, 2009, 2010.
* Award for Publication, LeCosPA, 2009, 2010.
* Distinguished Assistant Fellow, LeCosPA, September 2008 – September 2011.
* College of Science Dean’s Award for Doctor Thesis, NTU, June 2001.
* Graduate Fellowship, National Science Council, 1995 – 2001.
Current Research Interests
- for job -
and their Phenomenology
- for truth -
Cosmological Constant Problem
Conflict between Gravity and Quantum Physics
Statistical Formulation of Gravity and Quantum Field Theory
by Je-An Gu, Nucl. Phys. B (Proc. Suppl.) 246-247, 183-186 (2014).
* “Acausality and Non-Unique Evolution in Generalized Teleparallel Gravity”
by Keisuke Izumi, Je-An Gu and Yen Chin Ong, Phys. Rev. D89, 084025
(2014) [arXiv:1309.6461 [gr-qc]].
* “Teleparallel Dark Energy with Purely Non-Minimal Coupling to Gravity”
by Je-An Gu, Chung-Chi Lee, and Chao-Qiang Geng, Phys. Lett. B 718, 722
(2013) [arXiv:1204.4048 [astro-ph.CO]].
* “Mysterious Anti-Gravity and Dark-essence”
by Je-An Gu, Mod. Phys. Lett. A28, 1340018 (2013).
* “Can f(R) gravity mimic general relativity?”
by Je-An Gu, Int. J. Mod. Phys. Conf. Ser. 10, 63-68 (2012).
* “Solar-System Constraints on f(R) Modified Gravity with Chameleon
by Je-An Gu and Wei-Ting Lin, 2011, arXiv:1108.1782.
* “Dark Energy Crisis”
by Je-An Gu, Nucl. Phys. A844, 245c (2010).
* “Constraints on the phase plane of the dark energy equation of state”
by Chien-Wen Chen, Pisin Chen, and Je-An Gu, Phys. Lett. B682, 267
(2009) [arXiv:0905.2738 [astro-ph.CO]].
* “Consistency Test of Dark Energy Models”
by Chien-Wen Chen, Je-An Gu, and Pisin Chen, Mod. Phys. Lett. A24, 1649
(2009) [arXiv:0903.2423 [astro-ph.CO]].
* “A New Approach to Testing Dark Energy Models by Observations”
by Je-An Gu, Chien-Wen Chen, and Pisin Chen, New J. Phys. 11, 073029
(2009) [arXiv:0803.4504 [astro-ph]].
* “Inhomogeneity-Induced Cosmic Acceleration in a Dust Universe”
by Chia-Hsun Chuang, Je-An Gu, and W-Y. P. Hwang, Class. Quant. Grav.
25, 175001 (2008) [astro-ph/0512651].
* “A Possible Connection between Dark Energy and the Hierarchy”
by Pisin Chen and Je-An Gu, Mod. Phys. Lett. A22, 1995 (2007).
* “Fate of an Accelerating Universe”
by Je-An Gu and W-Y. P. Hwang, Phys. Rev. D73, 023519 (2006)
* “The Interplay of Ultrahigh-Energy Cosmic Rays and Extra Dimensions”
by Je-An Gu, Mod. Phys. Lett. A19, 1133–1136 (2004) [hep-ph/0405280].
* “Evolution of the Universe with Flat Extra Dimensions”
by Je-An Gu, W-Y. P. Hwang, and Jr-Wei Tsai, Nucl. Phys. B700, 313
* “Kaluza-Klein burst: A new mechanism for generating ultrahigh-energy
by Je-An Gu, 2003, astro-ph/0305523.
* “Accelerating Universe from the Evolution of Extra Dimensions”
by Je-An Gu and W-Y. P. Hwang, Phys. Rev. D66, 024003 (2002)
* “Can the Quintessence be a Complex Scalar Field?”
by Je-An Gu and W-Y. P. Hwang, Phys. Lett. B517, 1 (2001)
* “Topics on the Accelerating Expansion of the Universe”
by Je-An Gu, 2001 (Ph.D. Thesis, National Taiwan University).
* “The solar system mimics a hydrogen atom.”
by Je-An Gu, 2014, arXiv:1405.1654.
by Je-An Gu, 物理雙月刊34卷1期 (2012年2月), p8.
by Je-An Gu, 物理雙月刊27卷6期 (2005年12月), p760.
Probably I was born and will die on the Earth.
I long to know the truth.
It is amazing that the truth our minds can pursue is not limited to the
although our bodies are.
Among the approaches to the truth,
Physics is my favorite.
It is great that I can make a living with my favorite so far.
What a wonderful world !!